The first project in this class is to build a presentation which will communicate your ideas about the design of 340 High Street to your peers. Create a mood board for the project. Assemble and sketch your design concept for 340 High Street. Consider the binding and materials—provide examples as needed in order to communicate your idea to the class. Build a dummy of the publication to scale for this presentation. Create a two-page spread in InDesign with student art work and caption conventions.
Consider the following content when working on your idea:
- Front and back cover
- Two page spread layout with student art work and caption conventions
- Section intros
- About the VAC content
- Thank you section
- Title page
- Materials (paper, etc)
- Digital component (if relevant to your concept)
- Personalized section
- Mood board
- Two page spread with student artwork and caption conventions
- Massimo Vignelli | The iconic designer explains his approach to page layout.
- I have collected some inspiration for you on Pinterest | Editorial Design & 340 High Street Inspiration.
Value: 100 points
Due: class 6 • m 9/10